Among the items on the council plate tonight are:
• A recommendation to approve a proclamation recognizing the 50th anniversary of the formation of the San Pablo Neighborhood Council.
• A recommendation to reaffirm the opposition to the proposal of a fourth bore of the Caldecott tunnel.
•A recommendation to conduct a public hearing and adopt a resolution to overturn the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s designation of the West Berkeley Shellmound as a city landmark. Also, to adopt an urgency ordinance to protect the archeological and cultural resources in the shellmound.
• A progress report on Memorial Stadium Lighting Emergency Working Group.
• An informational report on investigating alternative methods to eliminate the use of chalk by parking enforcement representatives to reduce time, error and to increase revenue.
• A report on the status of the South Shattuck redevelopment study that concerns the redevelopment of the South Shattuck and South San Pablo Avenue areas.
• A discussion of truck prohibition on Marin Avenue.
The council meets at 7 p.m. at 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, broadcast on KPFB, 89.3-FM and telecast on TV-25.