Fire Log

By Richard Brenneman
Friday February 23, 2007

Valentine’s fire 

A wiring short appears to be the cause of the flames that damaged a home at 2014 Prince St. on Valentine’s Day, said Deputy Fire Chief David P. Orth. 

The fire was first reported at 9:11 p.m., and firefighters had finished their work by 10:34. 

Damage wasn’t extensive, reports an eyewitness, a certain Planet reporter who lives on the block. 


Too dry 

A clothes dryer in a residence at 2126 Haste St. got too hot for its own good Feb. 12, and managed to set itself on fire, reports Deputy Chief Orth. 

Residents had the blaze extinguished by the time firefighters arrived, and the crew aired hour the dwelling, took their report and departed.