Police Blotter

By Rio Bauce
Tuesday April 24, 2007

Wet Seal chase 

On Thursday at around 5:30 p.m., an employee from Wet Seal, a business on the 2300 block of Telegraph Avenue, phoned the authorities to report that two men stole an iPod and some cash from the employee area. 


Cal auto burglary 

On Thursday at 12:08 p.m., a man called in to report that somebody had smashed open the driver’s window of his car and had stolen his backpack. The incident took place between 11 p.m., the previous day, and 8:30 a.m. that morning. No suspects have been taken into custody. 


Late night restaurant vandal 

After the French restaurant, Le Bateau Ivre, located on the 2600 block of Telegraph Avenue, closed Wednesday night, an unidentified person sprayed graffiti paint between the fence and the external walls. No suspects have been identified. 


Residential burglary 

On Tuesday, April 17, at 5 p.m., a woman who lives on the 1200 block of Oxford Street called to report that her house had been broken into the previous day at around the same time. She reported that the thief pried the window open and stole money and a phone charger. The police have not identified a suspect in the case. 


Whole Foods thief 

Before midnight on April 16, a man in his late fifties attempted to steal wooden pallets from the rear of Whole Foods Market at Telegraph and Ashby avenues. When apprehended by Whole Foods staff, he fled the scene of the crime. 


On April 16, at 11:23 p.m., a woman called in a report that somebody hit her in the face with a bottle while she was walking down the 1600 block of Ashby. No other information is available. 



On April 15 at 6:15 p.m., a homeowner on the 1700 block of Prince Street reported that a burglary had occurred at their house. They came home, the alarm was ringing, and the window was open. Contents of their wallet were missing. There are no suspects. 



On April 14 at 1 a.m., a man assaulted another man. The victim showed up at a local hospital and reported the attack, according to Berkeley Police Department Spokesperson Ed Galvan.