Berkeley’s Transportation Commission will take up the thorny issue of downtown parking during a two-hour public workshop Thursday evening.
The session is scheduled from 7-9 p.m. in the North Berkeley Senior Center, 1901 Hearst Ave.
Principal speakers will be Elizabeth Deakin, director of the Berkeley Transportation Center, and Deborah Badhia, executive director of the Downtown Berkeley Association.
Others potential participants invited by the city include:
• Members of Berkeley Design Advocates, the Bicycle Friendly Berkeley Coalition, the Telegraph Avenue Association and members of the VISTA College Board.
• Bob Franklin, BART District 3 director.
• Carolyn Henry-Golphin, president of the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce.
• Jim Cunradi, AC Transit coordinator for Bus Rapid Transit.
• John Selawsky from the Berkeley Unified School District board.
• Judy Walters, president of VISTA College,
• UC Berkeley Director of Parking and Transportation Nad Permaul.
• Berkeley Chamber of Commerce CEO Rachel Rupert.
• Freight & Salvage Executive Director Steve Baker, and
• Nicky Gonzalez Yuen and Cy Gulassa of the Peralta Community College District Board of Trustees.