Not on List? Request Provisional Ballot

By Judith Scherr
Tuesday June 06, 2006

Berkeley City Clerk Sara Cox said that if voters’ names do not appear on the voters’ list at the polling place where they believe they are registered, they have the right to ask for a provisional ballot. 

Cox warned there could be a large number of people whose names have been left off the voter rolls this year due to changes in voting registration procedures and changes in personnel at the Alameda County Registrar of Voters’ office.