Fire Department Log

By Richard Brenneman
Tuesday August 07, 2007

Forgotten range triggers blaze 

Don’t leave your stove burner glowing when you jump into the shower. 

That’s the lesson one Berkeley resident learned Friday evening, when a return to the kitchen yielded a vision of flames spouting from the stovetop. 

Deputy Fire Chief David P. Orth said no serious damage resulted to the home in the 1000 block of Delaware Street. 

“The occupant was taking a shower and the kids were down for a nap when some grease caught fire,” he said. 

The flames were quickly knocked down by arriving firefighters, he said.