The BCA Candidate Endorsement Meeting will take place on Sunday, Sept. 16, 1:30 to 5 PM, at the South Berkeley Senior Center, 2939 Ellis St. @ Ashby Ave.
This is the list of candidates who have said they will be present:
-US Representative: Barbara Lee
-Berkeley Mayor: Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi , Jacquelyn McCormick, Kriss Worthington
- Berkeley City Council District 2: Adolfo Cabral, Denisha DeLane
- Berkeley City Council District 3: Maxwell Anderson
- Berkeley City Council District 5: Laurie Capetelli, Sophie Hahn
- Berkeley School Board: Judy Appel, Beatriz Leyva-Cutler, Norma Harrison, Tracy Hollander
- California State Senate District 9: Mary McILroy
- California State Assembly District 15: Eugene Ruyle, Tom Hughes for Nancy Skinner
- AC Transit At-Large: Dolene Jones, H. E. Chris Peeples
- AC Transit Ward 1: Yelda Bartlett
- BART District 3: Fred Wright Lopez, Anthony Pegram, Rebecca Saltzman
- BART District 7: Maria Alegria, Margaret Gordon, Zakhary Mallett
We have received questionnaire responses and in some cases other materials from:
Maria Alegria, Max Anderson, Judy Appel, Yelda Bartlett, Adolfo Cabral, Beatriz Leyva Cutler, Sophie Hahn, Loni Hancock, Norma Harrison, Tracy Hollander, Barbara Lee, Jacquelyn McCormick, Mary McILroy, H.E. Chris Peeples, Anthony Pegram, Eugene Ruyle, Nancy Skinner.
The BCA PO Box will be checked on Friday, 9/14 for additional responses.
Agenda for the meeting:
1:15 Registration, BCA members get ballot packet and ticket showing current membership
1:45 Call to order
1:50-3:30 Presentations by category with Q&A after each category
1:50 National Candidates
2:00 Mayoral Candidates
2:15 City Council
2:40 School Board
2:55 State legislative offices
3:10 Transit offices
3:30-4:00 Opportunity to talk with BCA members
4:00 Ballots turned in, Tallying begins
4:30 Finish tallying ballots,announce results, adjourn and cleanup
We will be as flexible as we can be with the time allotted to each candidate and to Q&A. We will be as accommodating as we can be to candidates' busy schedules.